Hi All & Johan,

I specifically mentioned you Johan because I see in another email that you
are doing what I think I want to.

 This has probably been discussed countless times on this list (sorry). I am
also doing my own searching on the subject, but this is such a great source
of info that I thought I'd throw it out there. You can email me directly if
you do not wish to clog the list or start a "no it's better this way stupid"
flame war.

I recently bought a new comp and I want to have multiple OS's installed. In
the past I have dual booted Win98/MDK9.x and done so successfully. Now I
want to really play.

I have XP home edition on an 80gig HD right now.

This is what I want to do:

I am going to get another HD (160 or 120)

I want to run XP, Win98, MDK9.2, SUSE, Debian, RH/Fedora, and I would like
to try BSD too (don't know anything about this one so I might nix it). I
have never used anything but Mandrake so I wanted to branch out and play

My question is how do you divvy up your drives (size wise) and can the Linux
distros share any partitions (like swap and Home?)

I am still in the planning stages here so any suggestions would be much
appreciated. I am asking for real world "this is how I did it" (sizes and
order) as well as some sites with some _good_ howto's and what nots. I have
found several sites that address the subject but not very well in my
opinion.

Thanks
Russ