On Tuesday 02 December 2003 11:59 pm, walt frampus wrote:

> > > mandrake and I was really impressed.. would love to have
> > > installed it on Hard drive so I could really see what it can
> > > do.

> > it has a harddrive installer, log in as root and look around in
> > the menus.

> thanks, I found that out..have been using it for most of today. I
> love it and think that this will become my main distro

Yeah, it's great.  I installed it from preview 2 and rsync'd preview 3
before there was an installer and it was great then.  I haven't had a
chance to do more than boot his cd this time tho.  It took me two
nights to get openoffice to compile on gentoo.  :P  But he does nice
work.  There are a lot of positive reviews on it.  But it's based on
mandrake, so let's not forget the wonderful os under it as well.

Buutt, having said that.  I've been staying in gentoo for the last 3
weeks or so since I installed it from stage 1.  I have to say, I love
it!   But as a recovering cooker addict, I ran pclinuxos as my main
os for a couple weeks before I put gentoo on here too.  I guess I'll
put preview 4 on it's own partition tonight tho, and keep preview 3
around as well since libdvdcss was still included in that one.  :P

l8r g8r,
-s