----- Original Message -----
From: "Lanman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Samba help please?

> On 12/7/2003 at 5:51 PM Al & Destiny wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I have MDK 9.1 setup on an old box to link with my XP box.
> >
> >Samba seems to work great as a server...I can browse my home dir
> from the
> >XP
> >box.
> >
> >But I cannot see any files on the XP box from Linux.
> >
> >I can browse the network. I can find the XP box. I can see the
> share name
> >"ddrive" (I know, not very imaginative, but it does the trick..I
> know what
> >it is.)
> >
> >After opening "ddrive" there are no files shown.
> >
> >Any ideas what I could be doing wrong???
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Shaz

> Is there a user on the XP box that is identical to the Samba box?
> This sounds like a permissions
> issue. Make sure that the new user not only has a password that is
> common to both boxes, but is
> also in the same workgroup.
>
> Speaking of Samba, has anyone tried Samba 3.0 ? Anything to know in
> advance about it?
>
> Lanman

XP User/Password:    al/111111

Linux User/Password: al/111111

Easy passwords huh? but only temporary till i can get it all up and running
how I want it to be.

How do I change workgroup with Mandrake? I know how to change XP, but it
wants a reboot....(as usual with M$....) but I've heard that linux very
rarely needs rebooting.

Also, I keep hearing about "Webmin" as a configuration tool...where/how do I
find it???

TIA

Shaz