Hello,

This morning my Mandrake 9 box was not responding to my login through SSH or
locally.

I had logged in my FTP server and also the few small websites that are
hosted on it were working.

I needed to make a few changes to a site, so I needed access. After trying
to log in nothing.

So after rebooting manually the boot process stops at loading devfs daemon.
It just hangs there, forever.

Is there anything that I could change or look for?
I've booted the box with Knoppix and took a look for the devfs.conf file,
but in that file I don't quite know what to try.

Anyone have any clues??

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Yves