On Tuesday 09 Dec 2003 9:02 pm, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 21:25, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> > My computer has a DVD reader, a CD burner, and a DVD burner. Three
> > drives. My problem is that Mandrake seems to have problems reading the
> > contents of a CD (DVD) in any of the drives. Usually Konqueror feezes the
> > computer for something like 3 min, and after that it says it cannot
> > access the drive. I didn't have this problem with 9.1.
> >
> > Teilhard
>
> Sounds strange
> If it were my box, first thing I'd do is disable supermount.
> In a console as su/root type:
> "supermount -i disable" and then reboot. The rebooting isn't really
> nescesary but is the easy way out:).
>
> Then try to mount the devices on the command line and see if they can be
> read.
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

This sounds similar to the issue I have with my laptop which has a removable
floppy drive. If the floppy drive is not plugged in , then anytime I browse
the /mnt directory konqueror locks up while the system works out the floppy
is not present.

I get around the problem by disabling the floppy in the BIOS.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net