On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:27, Marco Verheul wrote:
> Well, sort of...
>
> I still can't figure out why I was locked out of these directories, but
> I managed to copy them into a new directory as root and give myself the
> proper permissions again. The immediate problem is solved, but I would
> still be interested in any ideas as to why I had the problem in the
> first place.
>
> Marco
>
> On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 09:25, Marco Verheul wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had a weird accident with gFTP last night. When I was changing the
> > permissions on a couple of files before uploading them to my website, I
> > must have pushed a wrong button, because gFTP crashed.
> > When I started it up again I found myself locked out of the directory
> > where my websites are located. Still I get a permission denied.
> > Also in Konqueror it is indicated that the directory is locked. When I
> > open a console and navigate to the directory as root, nothing seems to
> > be the matter. The permissions look good and the directory is still
> > owned by me.
> >
> > Any suggestions are most welcome, because I really to access those
> > files for upload.

I was once stumped with a similar problem and it turned out that I had
(without realising) removed the execute bit on sub-directories - that is,
rw-rw-rw which of course means that you can't enter those sub-directories.
So it might pay to check again.

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today