I'm trying to get xawtv running here.
Output tells me:
This is xawtv-3.88, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.21-0.26mdk)
can't open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l2: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
v4l: open /dev/v4l/video0: No such file or directory
no video grabber device available

Is the 'grabber device' referring to the video card?
I'm using the ATI All-In-Wonder pro.
Is there some configuration I need to do re: missing files/directories?
I installed texstar's rpm for xawtv.
Maybe there's some other package I need?

--

"Most people live, whether physically, intellectually or morally, in a
very restricted circle of their potential being. They make very small

Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your
belief will help you create the fact.
- William James

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the
dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
- Plato