On Thursday 11 December 2003 03:48 pm, Mark Kirschner wrote:

> I have set up a few DSL connections on Qwest and Verizon in my area.  You
> should be able to just plug in a configured DSL modem and go.  As for the
> Hotmail web setup, around here (Seattle), it seems to depend on the
> package. You can get a package with Qwest as your ISP, in which case the
> Hotmail or MSN setup would not be necessary.  However, Qwest is a partner
> with MSN, so if you're getting the cheapest DSL package from them, MSN
> would be your ISP.
>
> You can find other ISPs in Denver that don't require you to use a web
> mail service.  For instance, Speakeasy.net has presence in Denver.
>
> Mark

Thanks for the input, Mark.  My wife set up the phone/DSL deal with Qwest, and
didn't know the difference.  Smart woman, but she doesn't really listen when
I babble about DSL and such <g>.  I'll give Verizon a call and see what they
can do for me there.  I'd prefer not to have to change my addresses and such,
in any case.

BTW, you're not the Mark Kirschner I knew at Fort Meade, MD?

Glenn

--
17:14:46 up 2 days, 8:21, running Mandrake Linux 9.2, kernel 2.4.22-21mdk on
an Intel P4 1.8

Ummm, well, OK.  The network's the network, the computer's the computer.
Sorry for the confusion.
                -- Sun Microsystems