On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:13:26 -0500, JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:41:13 +0000
> RichardA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Also, on a related note, how can I get anti-aliased text in
> > Sylpheed? Would I need a GTK2-enabled Sylpheed? If so, does one
> > exist?
>
> Yep, check Sourceforge.
>
> There's a 0.9.8 version out here:
>
> http://xem.jp/~tkng/sylpheed-gtk2/sylpheed-0.9.8-gtk2-20031212.tar.bz2
>
> but I've had a few probs with it, like not displaying the messages in
> the preview pane, crashing. Which is why you'll see I'm back to ver
> 0.9.5, which seems fairly stable.

Much as I crave anti-aliased email, I can't be doing with crashy apps.
I'll wait.

Thanks, Joe.

I'm still really annoyed by the behaviour I mentioned in my original
post. I middle-click on a link ... wait for Galeon to appear in front of
Sylpheed ... click on the Sylpheed title bar ... repeat.
If the email is Crypto-gram, or Need To Know that's a lot of clicks.

Richard