I am trying to conncet two linux boxes together
directly via their NIC cards but they are unable to
recognize each other. there is no connection and I
can't ping the other one. I have set everything
including IP address and subnet mask correctly and
they are on the same subnet. the interfaces are up and
running (I checked them thru ip  route and ifconfig).
I can't think of a reason why they can't see each
other, maybe I gotta set something with ARP. I wan to
know if someone has done this here before or this is
only a hardware problem or incompatibility.
BTW. both of their nic card are 3com.

thank you
maziar