On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 10:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello Dear Friends,
>
> on Mandrake When I run Search of files and want to search the "/"
> directory; it gives me an error something like " locatedb is not updated "
> what can I do ?? I want to search in other directories other than
> myuser/home/

Hertas, you might want to install the slocate database. To do so, open a
terminal, type "su" to become root, give your ROOT password and then :
"urpmi slocate".

This should install the database. When the install has completed, you'll
need to issue the command (still being root) : "updatedb".

Close the root session by typing "exit". Now, being yourself again, you
can search the entire system by typing "locate [whatever]".

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.