Axalon Bloodstone wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, Piyush Patnaik wrote:
>
> > Hi All!
> >
> > Can anyone tell me about installing framebuffers. I've rebuild my
> > XServer for using XFree86_FBDev...and made necessary changes to
> > lilo.conf....but when I boot up the next time nothing apperars after
> > linux loads. Does anyone know where is the problem? I'm currently, using
> > Mandrake 6.0
> >
> > Thanks...
> > Piyush
>

> Well let start with you didn't have to recompile anything, but thats ok
> hope  you picked up some valuble learn'in while you were at it :)
>
> specificly what did you do to lilo.conf, are you running a fb kernel
>
> --
> MandrakeSoft         http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
>                                         --Axalon

To start with, during installation from the CD I enabled framebuffer
use.....after that I made changes to my lilo.conf....here is my lilo.conf:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.9-27mdk
                label=linux
                root=/dev/hda6
                vga=789
                append="video=vesa:mtrr parport=0x378,7"
                read-only
other=/dev/hda1
                label=dos
                table=/dev/hda

Also I created a device by: mknod /dev/fb0 c 29 0......but when I run
XF86_FBDev it returns:
open_framebuffer: unable to open device /dev/fb0 (device does not exist)

.....Piyush
begin:vcard
n:Patnaik;Piyush
tel;fax:530-509-5504
tel;home:716-873-4103
tel;work:716-829-2133
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.ap.buffalo.edu/~patnaik
org:University at Buffalo
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
adr;quoted-printable:;;1970 Delaware Ave,=0D=0AApt # 1;Buffalo;NY;14216;USA
fn:Piyush Patnaik
end:vcard