On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:44:24 -0600
Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Even stranger...I just checked and I don't even have libdvdess installed,
> > yet I can play DVD's jus' fine with MPlayer...
> Do you know if they are the type that have the encryption, that DMAA stuff ya
> know? or is it DCMA, whatever. If they are not then the lib is not necessary.
>
> But nevertheless don't look a gift horse in the eye, er mouth.

Ah, good question. Not sure. I don't think the DMCA is a form of encryption,
though. The only encryption I'm aware of with DVD's is the CSS thing, which of
course our Norwegian friend "solved" for us Linux folks. Apparently, checking
again, I don't even have anything installed with "css" in it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/mnt>$rpm -qa | grep css
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/mnt>$

Weird.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813