From: Ronald A. Yacketta

Hello all!!

I have been running mandrake 6 for about a good 2 months now without a
hitch *cross fingers*
recently I upgraded from a K6-2 350 (AMD) to a K6-2 450 (AMD).
b4 my upgrade everything ran smooth as a babys bottom.
now I am unable to get any of my Plug -n- Pray devices to be seen.
I have not made any system config changes/mods/updates in sometime.

when I run isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf I get the following error:
/etc/isapnp.conf:17 -- Fatal - Error occurred executing request 'ISOLATE
PRESERVE' --- further action aborted

I remove the offending line and all "seems" well, but yet again no PnP
devices are seen in /prov/interrupts, /proc/ioports etc..
I did notice something odd tho, in dmesg it says that it finds the
following devices:

Soundblaster audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
     -> Dont have a SB card
ad1848/cs4248 codec driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
     -> What is this????
MAD16 audio driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen 1993-1996
-> Huh??
YM3812 and OPL-3 driver Copyright (C) by Hannu Savolainen, Rob Hooft
1993-1996 -> Hey my Soundcard!!
OPL3 not detected ff                                              -> Rut
Roh , something not right.....

I ran pnpdump and got the following (which is not scary):

# $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.18 1999/02/14 22:47:18 fox Exp $
# This is free software, see the sources for details.
# This software has NO WARRANTY, use at your OWN RISK
#
# For details of this file format, see isapnp.conf(5)
#
# For latest information and FAQ on isapnp and pnpdump see:
# http://www.roestock.demon.co.uk/isapnptools/
#
# Compiler flags: -DREALTIME -DNEEDSETSCHEDULER -DABORT_ONRESERR
#
# Trying port address 0203
# Trying port address 020b
# Trying port address 0213
# Trying port address 021b
# Trying port address 0223
# Trying port address 022b
# Trying port address 0233
# Trying port address 023b
# Trying port address 0243
# Trying port address 024b
# Trying port address 0253
# Trying port address 025b
# Trying port address 0263
# Trying port address 026b
# Trying port address 0273
# Trying port address 027b
# Trying port address 0283
# Trying port address 028b
# Trying port address 0293
# Trying port address 029b
# Trying port address 02a3
# Trying port address 02ab
# Trying port address 02b3
# Trying port address 02bb
# Trying port address 02c3
# Trying port address 02cb
# Trying port address 02d3
# Trying port address 02db
# Trying port address 02e3
# Trying port address 02eb
# Trying port address 02f3
# Trying port address 0303
# Trying port address 030b
# Trying port address 0313
# Trying port address 031b
# Trying port address 0323
# Trying port address 032b
# Trying port address 0333
# Trying port address 033b
# Trying port address 0343
# Trying port address 034b
# Trying port address 0353
# Trying port address 035b
# Trying port address 0363
# Trying port address 036b
# Trying port address 0373
# Trying port address 037b
# Trying port address 0383
# Trying port address 038b
# Trying port address 0393
# Trying port address 039b
# Trying port address 03a3
# Trying port address 03ab
# Trying port address 03b3
# Trying port address 03bb
# Trying port address 03e3
# Trying port address 03eb
# Trying port address 03f3

Read the faq etc.. came up short.. ne help out thier??

Thanxs in advance!
Ron