Hey, I'm new to linux entirely and thus this listserv, too. Here's the problem: Mandrake 9.2 recognizes my printer (and it's functional scanner too), correct brand, driver, and all, yet everything fails to print. I've gone into the printer control center and made sure the brand matches (it didn't by default) in addition to the driver. I've tried the "print test page" option, and also a .doc through openoffice...nothing works. My hardware is listed below. Thanks in advance.
-stv

AthlonXP 1500 w/256 DDRRAM
ATAPI CD-WRR
DVD-ROM
Western Digital 40gb internal hd
Seacoast (? not sure about brand off the top of my head) 20 gb internal hd
imation external usb floppy (onboard floppy doesn't work...not linux fault; just mobo)
and the printer: Lexmark X73 printer/scanner/fax machine
the sc/vc are Soundblaster 16bit pci/NVidia GForce4 64mb accordingly, if those help

Tired of slow downloads? Compare online deals from your local high-speed providers now. https://broadband.msn.com