On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 19:27, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Sunday 21 Dec 2003 11:58 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> > Is there a file that I can go to (and better yet print) that shows the
> > structure/hierarchy of programs in my KDE menu?  I want to make sure
> > that I can replicate this structure in future installs (Mandrake &
> > other).
>

> The structure of your menus is automatic and is defined by the packager of the
> RPMS you install.
> Every time you install a Mandrake RPM the RPM package will place a file in the
> directory /usr/lib/menu This file dictates which menu section it will appear
> in.
>
> If you want an application to appear in a different section you can override
> the default by editing  /etc/menu-methods/kde3
> See 'man update-menus' for a full description.
>
> You can also set menudrake to use 'user' menus instead of 'system' menus and
> use the GUI to define where applications appear in your menu. These settings
> will be stored in your /home directory and should survive a future install
> (So long as you do not format /home).
>
> derek

I appreciate the explanation.  I like the way my menu is currently
organized and assuming the same packages are installed I want to be able
to go to Applications -> Archiving -> Cd burning to find Arson, k3b, and
others.  I just want to be able to print the way its set up now so I can
set it up like this in other environments/distributions for consistency.

Is there a way to see this or am I out of luck?

--
Cheers,
Trey

There is an innocence in admiration;
it is found in those to whom it has not yet occurred
that they, too, might be admired some day.
- Friedrich Nietzsche