>Does anyone know of a good online SQL tutorial for a db novice
regarding
>linux specifically?  Should I be looking toward MySQL or is there
another
>Linux SQL package that is worth investing time in?  Thanks for any
direction.

It really depends on how much you know about SQL. If you don't know
anything
about relational database design I would suggest you start with a book
about
(gasp!) Microsoft Access printed by O'Reilly. The title is something
like
"What you REALLY need to know about Microsoft Access" and it's the best
introduction to relational database design I've see in a long time.

But it won't help you with anything Linux specific. And it's not online.

MB