Think unix
the linux cookbook
rute
Aaron

Fig ('RL Cassidy') wrote:

Hi,

I've just started using Linux, Mandrake 9.2 & I have 'Kiss the Blue Screen
of Death Goodbye' on order from Wal-Mart.com for $22+change including S&H.
And I was wondering what would be a good reference/study book in addition to
the "Kiss ..."?  I saw three books on Linux Journal's 2003 Readers' Choice
Awards, http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=7029

Most Indispensable Linux Book
1. Linux in a Nutshell, 3rd Ed., Ellen Siever, et al.
2. Linux System Administration, Vicki Stanfield and Roderick W. Smith
3. Running Linux, 3rd Ed., Matt Welsh, et al.
Once again, the top three titles are the same, although Linux System
Administration and Running Linux switched places this year. Many of the
purists opt to rely solely on man pages. Judging by the sheer volume of
write-ins and new releases that come through the LJ offices for review, the
Linux book market is picking up speed.

Does any one have any experience with these or any other good book?  All
opinions are welcome, I can't wait to totally get rid of M$.  Thanks in
advance for any/all assistance.
Richard
Registered Linux user 207547
http://counter.li.org
Dell Inspiron 5100 / Intel P4 / Bios A26 / 512M / 40G
Mandrake 9.2
WinXP (until I can figure out all this Linux stuff)