On Sunday 28 December 2003 14:24, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm sorry for asking this here. I just thought that maybe someone
> has the solution. I've searched the internet but hasn't got any
> solution. I'm trying my new notebook with winxp.
>
> When I dial out to my ISP, the modem got an error "no dial tone".
> My modem is agere winmodem AC97.

From http://www.linmodems.org/ :

# Lucent/Agere modem resources Manufacturer names of Lucent or Xircom
may be displayed by the query "lspci -vv". These may be supported.
The Lucent AMR modems are definitely not supported.

If it is not an AMR modem, go to the url above, where you will find a
link for more info about the other models.

If it is an AMR modem you are out of luck, and will have to buy a
hardware modem instead.  Any external one should work.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302