I have done two clean installs of Mandrake 6.1 ( Macmillan 6.5)
and I have multiple problems. I previously was running 6.0 with
no problems and did a complete install as opposed to an upgrade.

For starters when I select KDE help a box comes up and says
it cannot be found at /usr/share/doc/HTML/default/kdehelp/main.html ,
when I searched I found it located at /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kdehelp/
main.html. It is located in the "en" directory and not the "default"
directory.

Also I can't open Kmail ; when I select my CDrom the window that comes
up does not have the "up","back",etc. arrows , instead there are
either colored boxes there or nothing at all when some windows come up.

When I select a pdf file, the pdf reader has different colored boxes
instead of buttons with Icons and the text box is black. It is totally
non-functional. I cannot read a pdf file in Gnome either. It tells
me I should edit the mime types.

When I try to install WordPerfect 8 and run the "RUNME"  install program
it doesn't do anything.