On Wednesday 31 December 2003 04:27 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

-> That means your local zone is not defined.  Wow, it seems like your mcc
-> would have at least set up a local zone for you.  Evidently it (the
-> install/mcc routine) cannot make the distinction between internet
-> addresses and local addresses, otherwise known as RFC 1918 addresses.
-> Since you most probably have only one interface, it (shorewall or mcc)
-> now assumes that all your addresses are internet addresses.  What I'm
-> saying basically is that mcc did not set you up a loc zone.  In your
-> case then, the "net" zone is actually the local zone.  Wierd.  But
-> anyway...
->
-> Best thing is to change all occurrances above of loc to net, and rerun
-> "shorewall restart".
->
-> LX

This kinda makes sense though. I do only have 1 nic, eth0 that connects to my
hardware router - it handles the LAN as well, so I don't need 2 nics.
(incidentally, I do have 2 nics - one onboard but I have it turned off). What
makes sense is that from my google search I saw it posted several times that
Mandrakes' implementation of Shorewall does have the problem of making a
distiction - I just didn't put 2 and 2 together. I'll try the changes you
recommended and post results.

Thanks!

--

                                                                       /\