On Friday 02 January 2004 08:00 am, Angus Auld wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I wonder, can anyone here give me any feedback on either the
> LG 52X CDRW 8525BB, or the Aopen 52X CDRW 5232 drives?
> Are these drives OK with Mandrake 9.2? I think the LG CDRW's
> are OK (according to LG), but what about the Aopen? I am
> currently using 9.1, but want to move to 9.2.
>
> I realize both of these drives are el-cheapo units, since I can get
> either of them for $47 Can, but I don't want to spend a lot of cash
> on this Dell of mine. I want to hopefully upgrade my system soon,
> but I would like to get a burner to use now.
>
> TIA for any help/feedback on this.
> Best regards.
>
> --Angus
>
> "Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
> in awareness." -- James Thurber

> ~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.1~
> ~Reg. Linux User #278931~
I have an LG 52X CDRW 8523B that works just fine. I had the problem with the
LG CDROM and that was solved with the patch LG put out. One of the CDROMs was
killed and it would not be detected for the firmware install. Long of it is
that no CDRWs were apparently affected. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842