On Friday 02 January 2004 05:45 pm, Mike Adolf wrote:
> I have a new Pentax Optio 555 connected to my USB port.  Windoze sees it
> but on linux both FLPhoto and GTKam say "camera not detected".  In GTKam
> the list from "Add Camera" did not list any Pentax.  Any suggestions?

Well, my digital camera is a USB mass storage device.  Plug it in and you can
map a drive to the USB device and then download the files from the
/mnt/camera device.

If you have a Multifunction printer that can read smart media cards, like the
HP PSC 950, you can put the flash card into the printer and then run Mtools
File Manager and download the photos with that.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer