On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Morrell, Mike wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just installed Mandrake 6.0 to try out this Linux OS. I am having trouble
> getting networking to work. It detected my NIC as a tulip card and I setup
> the necessary network configs. When I rebooted I get this message:
>     eth0: transmit timed out, status e4260000, CSR12 40a1d0cc, resetting...
> Any ideas on what is going on with this? Here is my system specs.
> Pentium166
> 32MB RAM
> Biostar MB with Award Bios
> ATI mach32 video
> MX98715 (Macronix) based generic NIC.

They are mass marketing these under the Soho(c) label, you'll need to snag
tulip.c v0.91 from http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/tulip.html
and rebuild the module (compile command in the .c file at the bottom)

We are looking at away to ship both old and new, apparently the newer
driver breaks some older cards in favor of supporting the newer ones.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon