On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 03:15 pm, Phil Savoie wrote:
> I have no documentation for this machine and was wondering if you can
> remember what type of socket the cpu uses.  I was at the emachine site and
> was not able to find any documentation as in user guide for this etower
> 366c other than basic specs.

Hi,

        IIRC the Cyrix M-II would use Socket 7, which was standard at the time.
However, this doesn't tell you exactly what your motherboard supports - Super
7 can use Socket 7, but not vice versa.

        The fastest processor (for Super 7) was the AMD K6-2+ 550Mhz, but it's
possible your motherboard's won't support the bus speed and multiplier
combination needed.

        I would suggest, however, that you not upgrade. IMHO it's not worth the time
and effort - you would probably need more than the installed 32MB (maybe a
larger HD too), and considering you can buy a boxed Celeron 2.0 Ghz (just a
random example) for under $70, it seems a rather expensive exercise.

        Hope this helps!

        Regards,
                _nasturtium