Hi all. I've just installed 6.1. I got my windows fonts working with
xfs, but I can't figure out how to add in good 'ol pcf style fonts.
Here's what I tried.

I moved the font in question ("artsie.pcf") to

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc

directory, and I ran mkfontdir on the directory. I looks like artsie did
get added to the fonts.dir file. However, when I restarted X, I still
couldn't use the font. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris Lea

Chris Lea                                    Lucid Designs, LLC
         "Any sufficiently advanced Operating System
        is indistinguishable from Linux." --Jim Dennis
(310) 785-0637                      http://www.luciddesigns.com