On Tuesday 06 Jan 2004 7:07 pm, Larry Varney wrote:
>    I have just purchased the Canon i470D printer. Mandrake 9.1 has lots
> of drivers for Canon printers, but none specifically for this model.
>    Is there one that is compatible? I have tried a couple, and the pages
> come out 1/4 the normal size!

I assume this is a new model since it is not mentioned at
www.linuxprinting.org
If you look at the Canon report card there you will see that Canon does not
have a great history of Linux support.

Most people report best results from Canon printers using www.turboprint.de
However Turboprint does not support that model either  (although it might be
worth trying it out)
Turboprint is free for personal use, and RPMs are available from MandrakeClub

HTH

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net