Eric Mings wrote:

> I posted before about not being able to get the virtual interface eth0:1
> to come up at boot since upgrading to Mandrake 6.1 from 6.0. I have
> investigated the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory and there
> definitely is a ifcfg-eth0:1 script there along with other scripts. Is
> there some reason that these scripts are not being properly run at
> startup? I can easily bring up the virtual interface manually with
> ifconfig. Thanks.

Testing the /etc/rc.d/init.d/network script shows it's getting tossed
out of the list of interfaces on lines 51-52 or 55.  From hacking back
through the commands, it looks like it's the ':' in the '(ifcfg-lo|:)'.

Try pulling the '|:' out of there and see if it works correctly.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator