On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> I have noticed that Mandrake's glib5 Netscape 4.61 is much more stable
> on my AMD k6-2 400 (128 megs of Ram) system than the Netscape 4.61 on RH
> 6.0. If so, then Mandrake deserves our thanks for going out of their way
> to tweak and optimize and stabilize Netscape. Netscape has not crashed
> once (knock wood!) since I installed Mandrake 6.1 about 10 days ago.
> Looking forward to Mandrake's Netscape 4.7.
>
> Benjamin
> --
> Benjamin and Anna Sher
> Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sher's Russian Web
> http://www.websher.net
 Hello Benjamin,
  I can tell you that Netscape rpms on cooker for 4.7 version work great.
I'm running the same basic hardware, AMD k6-2 400 (128 megs of ram).
 I will agree with you though, the mandrake team deserves alot of credit,
They have put together a very good Linux Distro and one that I have been
promoting to many PC user groups that I have the opportunity to speak to.

        Best of Luck,
                Dave

Operating System:              Linux
Distribution Version:          Linux Mandrake release 6.1 (Helios)

Operating System Version:      #1 SMP Fri Oct 22 02:06:33 CEST 1999
Operating System Release:      2.2.13-22mdk
Processor Type:                i586
Host Name:                     slip.n3meq.ampr.org
User Name:                     n3meq
X Display Name:                :0
System Status:                 7:04pm  up  9:56,  1 user,  load average: 0.11, 0.23,
0.29

      David M. Kufta   http://www.slip.n3meq.ampr.org  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

      REAL PORTION of Microsoft Windows code:
                while (memory_available)        {
                        eat_major_portion_of_memory (no_real_reason);
                        if (feel_like_it)
                                make_user_THINK (this_is_an_OS);
                        gates_bank_balance++;
                }

My Current Dynamic IP Address Is http://216.155.33.89
Wait!  You have not been prepared!
                -- Mr. Atoz, "Tomorrow is Yesterday", stardate 3113.2