On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:08:20, "Eric Geater 1/7/03" wrote:

>I have an HP 1100 that I installed using the Mandrake printer utility,
>and I got a test page out fine.  But I tried to print a pdf found on the
>web in XPDF, and it never came out on the printer.  I noticed that XPDF
>doesn't seem to offer much help on printing, and so I'd like a clue as
>to what I did wrong.

Xpdf doesn't provide much in its menus, but it does provide a fairly
good man page and readme in /usr/share/doc/xpdf-rel#. I believe
it assumes you want to print to postscript, but you can print to
a regular printer as well.

Also, xpp (X printing panel) will print your files to a printer.
You don't need to open the file to print it. Type in the name of
the file, indicate which printer you want to print it (it will show
your installed printers), and set any options you may want.

deedee
--
Registered Linux User #327485
Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"