Worked under knoppix. Worked on mdk 9.2 at first. Then it didn't next time I ran my buddies laptop. Then it did. Then it didn't, and now... eth0 fails every time. Tried a few things I found from googling for similar simptoms - turned off sleep mode in the eeprom using eepro100-config. Tried switching from eepro100 to the e100 driver, no love at all. (looking at dmesg showed some wierd stuff - switching promiscous mode on and off repeatedly, whatever that is). Absolutlely hate to say it but...it works under XP :(. Suggestions ? I am considering re-installing 9.2 and/or upgrading/downgrading the kernel, hoping that another version of the driver works...consistently.