On Saturday 10 January 2004 14:44, Richard Urwin wrote:
> On Saturday 10 Jan 2004 1:37 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Could you not simple let POPFilter collect from the Postfix
> > folder and set the header line?  KMail would then collect from
> > there and filter on it.
>
> I assume you mean POPFile? POPFilter seems to be something
> different.

Sorry - brain not in gear.  POPFile, of course.

> I would have used POPFile, but I  don't use POP3, and
> POPFile wont support SMTP until February 15th. It only does
> Bayesian analysis, anyway.

I must be misunderstanding you here.  I'm not sure why you're worried
about smtp?  On my system I collect mail from pop3 accounts (I no
longer have an imap one, but the same would apply) and a local
account.  All my external mail goes through POPFile, and by
definition there will be no spam on the local mail, so I don't bother
putting that through POPFile, though I would have thought it quite
easy if you did want to.

> If I can get SpamAssassin in it is more
> powerful.

I have to question that.  I know it's better known, but I get far
better rates under POPFile than I did when I tried SA.  POPFile
functions typically at 99.87% accuracy.  I don't think you can better
that.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302