Hey Everyone,

I am a new Linux user (and I mean new), and I would like to network my
Windows XP Pro/Linux Mandrake machines together, however, I am very confused
as to how to do this.

I am not very good with Linux, but I am somewhat proficient with Windows XP
Pro.

What I would like to do is this:

- Access files (mp3's, etc) across the network between both machines.
- Test web applications built in the Linux Mandrake environment from the
Windows XP Pro machine, and vice versa.
- Connect to the Internet (ie, share my internet connection) from the Linux
Mandrake machine.
- View the Linux desktop from the Windows machine, and vice versa.

I have all the hardware (NIC's, cabling, hub) required, I just need some
direction.

I have searched google for information, however, I was unable to find
anything relevant.

Would someone be able to give me some direction on how to get this done?

Thank you very much in advance,

Justin Kozuch