While we're on the subject,

If I add the nav panel with f9 and save profile, the nav panel comes back next
time I start konqueror, but the nave width is goofed (3/4 screen wide).  f9,f9
to remove and include the panel brings it back to proper size.  But proper
size stays only until the next time I open konqueror.  No matter how many
times I save profile.

Finally I discovered that if I manually re-size the nave panel by dragging the
vertical window divider by so much as a pixel, and save profile, FINALLY my
settings stick.

It would seem that Konqueror has a bug in it that doesn't keep track of the
correct nav panel width when you bring it up using f9, and so saves the wrong
width with settings.

In my version anyway....

Scott

--
Nothing goes to waste when Little Fish are near!
(http://www.littlefish.ca)