(I'm Using Mandrake 9.1

I have removed the hard drive from it's USB enclosure and temp. enstalled it
in my dedicated Mandrake box as a second HD
I want to partition it into two portions.
One  portion for backing up WIN 2000 on a MS dedicated box.
The second portion for backing up my Mandrake material.
The Mandrake Control Center identifies the HD as hdc. My primary HD is
identified as hda.
When I go to Mount Points and Disk Drake I set the partition to 5225 MB which
is less than half of the hard drive capacity.
I set the file system to FAT 32.
The mount point is set to /usr
And click O.K.
A new Disk Drake menue says that Directory /usr already contains data (share,
bin, sbin, .....)
It then gives me the option of moving files to the new position or hiding
files.

How can this be?  As far as I know the drive has never been formatted. I sure
don't want to screw up my Mandrake system so this is where I get stonewalled.

Help! All I want to do is prepare half the Disk for Mandrake back up and the
other half for MS back up.

Owen