On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 20:40, Aron Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 13:30, Josenildo Marques wrote:
> > Hello.
> > I'd like to compile and install the latest gimp.
> > Could you please give me some tips on how to do it ?
> Start here http://www.gimp.org/ You can also urpmi the development
> version (unstable but nice new GUI )

The configure step is Ok (after installing lots of -devil packages!)
Now I have two questions

1. Should I run 'make' as a user or as the superuser?
2. I have just installed _checkinstall', but I'm not sure about the
arguments I have to run it with. Is it a good idea to use checkinstall ?

Thanks for your help.

--
josenildo marques
icq #289971493