> This was too good an opportunity to pass up--a Micro$oftie soliciting
> feedback about what features we'd like to see in the next IE. My basic
> message was "Who cares?" Maybe some of you would like to put in your
> feature requests. <g>
>
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0001011/2004/01/14.html#a6183

[AX] I don't like that blog. It seems to me to be written by someone from MS
PR department. And the whole tone of it is as stupid as "WinXP - the most
reliable OS".
--cut--
Now, about the darn security fixes. These are tough. Tougher than it might
seem on the outside. Why? Because Internet Explorer's engine is used in
several different OS's. Dozens of different languages. Thousands of
different applications. Changing one line of code in the inards of Windows
means potentially breaking a large number of applications. That's
unacceptable to the team. So, when they change things, they need to do it in
a way that doesn't break things for customers.
--cut--
Just imagine "several different OS's"! He ever tried to open Mozilla's or
Opera's download pages?..