Hello All,

I am pretty new to Linux, and I am not really sure of the best practices on
troubleshooting hardware problems yet, but I am willing to learn.

I am running Mandrake 9.2 on an IBM ThinkPad T23 laptop, and I am having a
problem getting my sound to work.  Mandrake is reporting that I have an
Intel 82801 AC97 Audio Controller, and it is using the i810_audio driver,
but the sound isn't working.  I see that there is a way to switch to an ALSA
driver, and I did that and it didn't seem to correct the problem so I am
back ot using the OSS driver.  I am trying to find out what type of sound
card IBM says should be in my T23 laptop, and I haven't really found
anything that is all that reliable on their site.

In using the Troubleshooting steps from the Mandrake Control Center it
appears that everything is loaded and setup properly, and am out of ideas.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go next?

Thanks,
Brian