On Saturday 17 January 2004 07:06 pm, Jerry Barton wrote:
> I'm trying to listen to an audio stream on
> http://www.crienglish.com/radio/index.htm
>
> The link to the stream is:
> mms://218.244.243.30/roundtheclock
> and the player it wants is Windows Media Player 9 (the "download
> player" on the front page is the WM9 installer). Is there a way to get
> this to work with xmms/mplayer/etc? When I click on the link(looks like
> an'eject' button) I just get an error saying mms: unregistered protocol.
> I tried using the CLI with mplayer<link> but it didn't work. Any ideas?
> TIA.
>
> Jerry

The mplayer gui will play it. Open mplayer and enter the url into the "open,
play URL" dialog box.

Make sure that you have the latest version of mplayer (1.0 pre3) and the win32
and real codecs. You can get the codecs and mplayer here -

ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/9.2/i586/

Also, the mplayer plugin for mozilla (1.0 pre2) will start mplayer from the
web page.

Rick