On Sunday 18 January 2004 03:12, Joe wrote:
> Another thing that I just remembered. When i start up, eth0 seems to
> fail if the cable is plugged in, but says OK if it isn't. Dont know if
> that tells you anything.

Could be dhcp is getting in the way. If you can't get static IP up, try
killing dhcp thus:"killall -HUP dhcpd" and try to get eth0 up again using
static IP.

If you can see the driver loaded in your lsmod list your friend's ethernet
card is recognized OK apparently.
I'll be off on a trip to France, tomorrow so somebody else will have to take
over to coach you along....sorry.

Good luck,
HarM
--