On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 01:27:57 +0200
robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I have installed Mandrake 9.0 in textual mode. How can I start and
> > set-up graphical mode now.
> >

> Type startx
>
> If all goes well, go to the Mandrake Control Center, select "Boot" on
> the left, then "Drakboot" on the right.  You'll see a box you can check
> to automatically go into X (i.e. graphic mode) on boot if you want.

...assuming X has already been configured, ie. what drivers to load,
resolution, etc.

if not, run (as root) 'XFdrake'.

then (again as root) 'urpmi Xtart'

then as user, 'Xtart', and it will present you with a selection of Desktops or
Window Managers to run.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046