M Thompson wrote:

> I would like to purchase a Promise Ultra66 IDE controller and a Quantum
> Ultra ATA/66 harddisk.
>
> Is anyone currently running an Ultra66 IDE controller with Linux?  Does
> Linux support this card well?  How do you like the Ultra66 IDE controller?
> Where do you go to get support on running this controller under the Linux
> OS?

Mandrake 6.1 seems to support the HPT366 chipset used on the Promise
cards.  They aren't used automatically during installation, but after
installation, you shouldn't have any problems.

Stock Linux kernels (are released by Linus) do not yet support the
cards, but it looks like Mandrake has patched the kernel to allow their
use.

I'm still struggling to get Linux installed and booting from an
HPT366-hosted drive, but that's another discussion for another day.
--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator