JJ Greive wrote:

> I am a novice linux user, and I am running Mandrake
> 7.2 as  an Internet firewall and DHCP server. It is an
> old Pentium 166.  Does anyone out there know if I can
> also use this machine as a web server?  Anyone have a
> recommendation as to what software I should be use?
> thanks for your tips in advance.
> JJ Greive email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

urpmi httpd ?

Apache comes with that distro, I use it myself on a p200, 128mb Ram!
That machine is also a file-server, and basically a playground for me.

I've successfully run a java-servlet connecting to postgres, also running on
that machine. It works, but don't be in a hurry :) It wont be fast, but
usable for not to heavy applications with light traffic

/Björn