Ramin wrote:
Generally look at
  http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/table.shtml

On January 23, 2004 03:14 pm, André Tapxure Gabriel wrote:

People,

I'm trying to substitute Windows in all of my clients by Mandrake.
First Step: Install mandrake on my computer and learn how it works
By installing mandrake on my computer, I noted that a lot of software is
"missing" or is not in the default installation so I decided to write to
this list
Somebody can tell me the list of most used software to replace Windows
software?

Microsoft Office

Open office, Koffice, star office (propriety)

Koffice will read MS Word documents, but won't save in that format.
If you're into academic/technical writing, LyX is worth looking at. It seems weird at first, but in the long run it's a real time-saver, and typesets better.

Microsoft Outlook

Mozilla messenger though i am using kmail and evolution.

Sylphhed-claws if you want tones of features. I'm happy with Mozilla Messenger. Thunderbird is the stand-alone mail client, if you don't need the Mozilla browser.

Microsoft internet Explorer

Konqueror, mozilla, mozilla firebird, opera, galeon

Ahead Nero

Is that Nero as in the CD-burner? If so, K3B.

Sir Robin

--
" Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."
- Winston Churchill

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi