----- Original Message -----
From: Kaj Haulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:25:29 +0000
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] 9.2 urpmi db behaviour questions

> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 02:20, Angus Auld wrote:
> > Greetings, I have 9.2 installed and updated/config'd
> > for the most part. It was a looong weekend downloading
> > all the updates on my dialup. ;-)
> >
> > I seem to be encountering something that seems odd
> > with the urpmi db. There are some packages listed as
> > installable, which I know are already installed. The
> > packages show as being 0bytes in size. Anyone know
> > what is going on here? I have tried rebuilding the the
> > db with "rpm --rebuilddb".
> >
> > Also, concerning urpmi. I get the following warning
> > everytime I install a software package with urpmi:
> > "There was a problem during the installation:
> > medium "contrib" uses an invalid list file:
> > mirror is probably not up-to-date, trying
> > to use alternate method."
> >
> > If I just click OK, the installation goes fine. I tried
> > deleting my contrib source and using a different one,
> > but the same warning keeps appearing. Anyone else
> > having this happen? What might I try to fix it?
> >
> > TIA for your time/help.
> > Best regards.
> >
> > --Angus
> >
> Angus, as always Derek answered this a few weeks ago :
> Go to  /var/lib/urpmi and remove the offending file "list<filename>.
> That's all. Next time you update the annoying message is history.
>
> HTH
>
> Kaj Haulrich.
Thanks Kaj, I must have missed Derek's post on this.
He certainly is on top of things, and a credit to this list.
As are you, and all of the many others here. :-)

Best regards to you.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness." -- James Thurber

~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.2~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~