pete moss wrote:

> well, finally, other palm people on this list!  something i know about!
>
> all of the palm devices are use serial connections to connect to the
> host computer.  (except mac people have to get special stuff to
> connect)  the new handspring units come with USB cradles by default,
> although you can purchase a separate serial -based cradle.  since i dont
> have any USB devices, except for two ports on my mboard, i havent quite
> figured out if linux is USB friendly yet.  is it?

Well, 2.3.x has the beginnings of support for USB.  Don't know whether
the Visor cradle is supported.

> do you own a visor yet?  if so let me know how it is.

I wish!  I'm considering handing down my IIIx to my wife so I can get
the Visor Deluxe.  <evil grin>

> i have developed a few apps for palm os, but one thing i havent got
> running in linux is the special version of gcc for compiling my apps.
> anyone done this?  is it difficult?

Check rpmfind for the cross-development kits.  I know there was one on
the RH6 Powertools CD, I've still got it here somewhere.