Aaron wrote:

I was surprised to find that Audacity did not have that ability.

Don't be suprised wma and mp3 are lossy compression methods and it is highly unrecommended to go from compressed to compressed format. I do remember an application that does this but results will vary and if you can find a cd audio file or a wave its the best. Also see if Sox will do the conversion.
Aaron

IIRC you need to go to WAV first, and then to MP3. I remember a thread about going from OGG to mp3 and the consensus was that even apps that said they went direct actually just had a WAV step that wasn't shown to the user.

The above advice is good though, as lossy to lossy will result in lossy^2, which is never a good thing :-0
Cheers
Anton

--
Sent by the lovely Mozilla running MDK9.2 on an Athlon2000XP