if you already have usb up and running then i suspect that will need to use
the usb-storage module, this should allow your card reader to show up as a
hard disk, usually an emulated scsi disk, then you can mount the card reader
just as you mount a hard disk and treat it as such, there have been issues
with card readers that support more than one kind of memory card though with
not all of them being accessible

if you don't have usb up and running then then you will need to make sure it
is enabled in your bios, then you will need to use the correct module, for
usb1.1 this will be either 'uhci', 'usb-uhci' or 'usb-ohci', for usb 2.0 it
will be 'ehci-hcd'

of course it may be that harddrake will detect your reader and configure it
for you, if not then try modprobing the above modules and see what works,
if this helps then you will need to add the names of the modules to your
/etc/modules file, - warning - some people have found that with some kernels
the autoloading of usb modules at boot up can hang their system, this appears
to depend on the usb hardware, the motherboard and the kernel revision, make
sure you have a rescue floppy or a mandrake install cd so that if this does
happen you can copy your backup of /etc/modules back! :)

bascule

--
"Zaphod grinned two manic grins, sauntered over to the bar
and bought most of it."

-- Zaphod in paradise.