On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:57:23 -0800
Lee B. disseminated the following:

> > Just replace 'exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc' with whatever command runs IceWM.
> >

> I tried using these ~/.vnc/xstartup:
>
> exec startx icewm
>
> startx icewm

You don't need the startx. IIANM, just put 'exec icewm'.

> Neither worked, grey screen w/X cursor. I'm afraid thats the only way I
> know to start icewm or any wm from the command line.
>
> Maybe I should try pekwm...

Not as user-friendly as IceWM, but fast and very configurable.

Also check out XFCE4. Probably a little lighter than IceWM, beotch to install
until Charles gets his urpmi repository back up, tho.

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046