I have an ATI Radeon 7000 with TV out connector. If I connect the TV and boot the PC, the video card puts itself in a sort of 'TV-compatible' mode (i.e. it uses 50Hz horizontal refresh rate to avoid burning the TV), so during the boot I see the MDK logo and writings on TV.

The problem is that, with the 50Hz rate, X refuses to start with the message "Cannot find suitable screen".

I saw in the XF86Config file that there is already a modeline suitable for TV-out, but how do I enable it?

thanks,

raffaele